2018 Western Australia Conference
July 17, 2018 | Forrestfield-Airport Link, 11 Carolyn Way , Forrestfield, NSW 6058, Australia
Join ISCA on Wednesday 18th July for the 2018 Western Australia IS Conference.
This one-day conference, in partnership with Forrestfield-Airport Link, is suitable for all WA infrastructure stakeholders; including engineers, project managers, designers, sustainability professionals, executives, government officials, students and more. The day includes:
A site tour of the Forrestfield-Airport Link - Delegates of the 2018 WA Conference will have an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the under-construction Forrestfield-Airport Link project, the first IS rated project of the WA Government’s ambitious METRONET program.
Keynote presentations from:
- Dr Steve Lennon (United Nations of Australia) – How the sustainable development goals (SDGs) apply to the infrastructure industry and Australia’s commitment.
- Chris Meale (former Director of City Rail Link, Auckland) – Key learnings from New Zealand’s largest rail project and over 20 years of rail delivery project experience in Australia and NZ.
- Sydney Metro (Pre-recorded video) - Key learnings for delivering sustainability outcomes on Australia’s largest metro rail project.
Panel Session - Policy, Projects & Potential – This panel will discuss key learning and challenges from WA’s largest upcoming infrastructure projects, and will share updates on local policy changes.
- Nicole Lockwood (Chair, Westport Taskforce) – Successes and upcoming challenges from the Westport project.
- Des Lock (Investment Plan and Policy Manager, Main Roads Western Australia) – MRWA will be the first project to use ISv2.0 Planning rating, and the use of the Economic credit to drive sustainable outcomes.
- Lance Glare (Director, Infrastructure WA) – Newly formed independent body providing infrastructure needs and priorities for WA.
- Sarah McEvoy (Executive Director, Department of Water Environmental Regulation) – discussing updates to the waste policy and what it can mean for the industry.
- Anthony Kannis (Project Director, METRONET) –Perth’s most ambitious public transport program; METRONET, their vision and how they plan to achieve it.
Workshop Session in partnership with Jacobs - Innovations, Inspiration & Interaction – In partnership with Jacobs, this session includes short presentations followed by interactive workshops, allowing engaged members of the audience to gain an in-depth insight into their most relevant topics:
- Claire Thompson (Department of Transport) – Policy changes and Transport Futures – including autonomous vehicles, electric cars, and shared mobility.
- Jerry Tan (Downer) – Downer’s innovative materials, including Tonerpave and Plastiphalt, creating a circular economy in waste and road materials.
- Greg Ryan (Landcorp) – Landcorp’s approach to sustainability rating tools
- James Moore (Jacobs) – the importance of climate change adaptation and resilience in infrastructure.
- Nadine Riethmuller (Watercorp) - enabling Perth’s vision to be the most water sensitive in the world
- David Hocking (Boral) – Boral’s innovative approach to concrete
And the official WA launch of ISv2.0 – ISCA’s latest innovation of the IS Rating tool, ISv2.0, provides a quadruple bottom line reporting framework and alignment with the UN SDGs. ISv2.0 also now includes a ‘Planning’ Rating as well as ‘economic’ and ‘workforce’ themes which will help prepare industry for the Modern Slavery Act, amongst other updates. In partnership with AECOM, join us for networking drinks to celebrate the launch and to formally introduce Version 2.0.
Non Members: $385.00
(All prices include GST)
View ISCA event Terms & Conditions.