This project by the Australian and State governments has registered for a Planning v1.1 IS Rating.
A $620 million project jointly funded by Australian (80%) and State (20%) governments as a key component of north-south corridor upgrade.
The Darlington Upgrade Project is another important stage in the delivery of Adelaide’s North-South Corridor and will deliver an upgrade of approximately 3.3 kilometres of the existing Main South Road, including:
- A non-stop motorway between the Southern Expressway and Tonsley Boulevard
- A lowered, non-stop motorway passing underneath Flinders Drive, Sturt Road, Sutton Road/Mimosa Terrace and Tonsley Boulevard
- Grade separation of the Main South Road/Ayliffes Road/Shepherds Hill Road intersection
- Main South Road (at grade) surface roads along both sides of the lowered motorway to provide connections to Flinders Drive, Sturt Road and most local roads
- Full free flow interchange at the Southern Expressway/Main South Road with dedicated ramps providing direct access to the new motorway and Main South Road.
- Rating Type Road
- Registered Date April 2015
- State SA
- Suburb Adelaide
- Assessor Matt Jones
- Annual Operating Cost $620 Million
- Other Key Stakeholders DPTI
To find out more about this project, visit the SA government website.