Forum: Precinct scale living laboratories and the value of spatial data
Low Carbon Living CRC are putting on a free event for industry stakeholders to dive deeper into spatial data and the Randwick Redevelopment Project.
ISCA's newest team member Paul Davies will be presenting as part of the panel.
We warmly invite you to be part of this free event bringing experts together to discuss the value of living laboratories and the role of spatial information in supporting smart precinct planning and design.
The event will offer opportunities to explore the design of a precinct scale living lab as part of the NSW Government’s $720m Randwick Hospitals’ Campus Redevelopment (Randwick Redevelopment).
This is a collaborative event sponsored by the Cooperative Research Centre for Low Carbon Living, University of New South Wales, University of Sydney, Randwick City Council and the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia.
The Randwick Redevelopment is bordered by Hospital Road, High, Barker and Avoca Streets, Randwick and encompasses four major referral hospitals. Demolition and site clearance will commence in late 2018 and construction in early 2019.
The precinct falls within one of the Greater Sydney’s Collaboration Areas, that is, an area with high potential to grow into centres of increased productivity and innovation.
The Randwick Redevelopment is an excellent opportunity to build upon the success of the 2017 Spatial Data Forum held at the University of Sydney to bring together stakeholders to explore the collaborative design of a precinct-scale living lab within the Redevelopment.
By participating, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Randwick Redevelopment and how that creates an opportunity to create an integrated living laboratory.
- Hear (from experienced practitioners and renowned academics with specialised knowledge, experience, and skills) about the role and value of living labs and spatial data in precinct design, planning and the delivery of better outcomes.
- Contribute to the design of a precinct scale living lab at Botany Street, Randwick, and understand the ideas, needs and priorities of industry, government and researchers.
- Meet new and like-minded people from a diversity of fields (stimulating original insights and livelier, deeper conversations) and network with existing colleagues.
- Professor Greg Morrison, Curtin University
- Paul Davies, Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia
- Randwick and Newcastle councils
- Greater Sydney Commission
- Prof Chris Pettit, UNSW
- Prof Sisi Zlatanova, UNSW
- Prof Roland Fletcher, USyd
- Prof Pascal Perez, UoW
- Bruce Thompson, NSW Government
This is a free event. A light lunch and morning tea will be provided.
To register for the event, please click here.
Date: 30 August 2018
Time: 8.30 am – 4.30 pm followed by networking drinks
Venue: Galleries 1 and 2, John Niland Scientia Building, UNSW