This project by Downer EDI Limited has registered for a Design v1.2 IS Rating.
The High Capacity Metro Trains Project delivers:
- 65 next-generation high-capacity metro trains capable of carrying 20 per cent more passengers than any other train on the network
- A new train maintenance depot in Pakenham East
- A light service facility in Calder Park
- Two simulators for driver training.
Melbourne’s bigger, better trains will initially run on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines and will eventually run through the Metro Tunnel to Sunbury. High-capacity signaling will allow the fleet to provide a more frequent, turn-up-and-go service.
- Rating Type Rail
- Registered Date February 2017
- State VIC
- Capital Value $300 Million
- Other Key Stakeholders PTV, Evolution Rail, Jacobs, CRCC Chagun Railway Vehicles, Plenary Group
To find out more about this project, visit the Transport for Victoria Website