This project by Laing O'Rourke achieved a 'Leading' As Built v1.1 IS Rating.
The Bayswater level crossing removal project will see the construction of a brand new Bayswater station and the removal of two dangerous and congested level crossings at Mountain Highway and Scoresby Road. Helping to create better cycling and pedestrian facilities, widening footpaths and bike lanes on Mountain Highway, and creating better connections into and around the station and activity centre. This level crossing removal will include:
- Lowering the rail line below Mountain Highway and Scoresby Road.
- Raising Mountain Highway at the point of the crossing to allow continued train access to the Train Maintenance Facility behind Bayswater Station.
- Rebuilding Bayswater Station.
- Platforms accessed via lifts, ramps and stairs.
- Reconstructing the station car park, optimising parking and providing the same number of spaces.
- Building a walking and cycling path.
- Rating Type Rail
- Rating Score 86
- Registered Date January 2016
- Certification Date October 2018
- Practical Completion March 2017
- State VIC
- Suburb Melbourne
- Capital Value $200 Million
- Assessor Sam Donaldson
- Other Key Stakeholders Fulton Hogan, AECOM, Public Transport Victoria, Metro Trains Melbourne and VicRoads
IS Outstanding Achievement Award 2016 - Design
IS Outstanding Achievement Award 2018 - As Built
Read a case study about this award-winning project.