Meet the 2018 IS Award Judges
The Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Awards return for its fifth year. Hosted by Logie award winning comedian and star of Utopia, Dilruk Jayasinha, the awards are a celebration of the wonderful contribution of industry to sustainable infrastructure.
The judging panel, convened by ISCA CEO, Ainsley Simpson, is charged with carefully recognising leadership at an individual, project and organisational level. Made up of sustainability and industry experts, meet our judging panel for 2018;
- Dr Steve Lennon – Vice-president of United Nations Association of Australia
- Kate Meyrick - Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director at The Hornery Institute
- Nicole Bradford - Portfolio Head, Responsible Investment at Cbus Super Fund
- Matt Willson - Associate Director - Sustainable Finance at Westpac Institutional Bank
- Sue-Ellen Fenelon - Board member Engineering New Zealand
Honoured to be selected for the judging panel this year, Dr Steve Lennon believes “leadership in infrastructure sustainability is not just about recognising excellence, it also creates role models that we can all emulate in the quest for truly sustainable development.”
Similarly, CEO of the Hornery Institute, Kate Meyrick is happy to recognises leaders in sustainable infrastructure as it helps to “increase the competitiveness and liveability of our cities”.
This year, for the first time there will be six awards, four for the judges to preside over and two based on there IS rating score:
- IS Individual Leadership Award - Recognising the individual who best exhibits the most outstanding performance, leadership and greatest contribution to advancing infrastructure sustainability in Australasia.
- IS Emerging Individual Leader– Recognising potential future leaders aged 30 years or younger.
- IS Organisational Leadership Award - This award recognises the organisation that exhibits the most outstanding performance, leadership and greatest contribution to advancing infrastructure sustainability in Australasia.
- IS Innovation and Impact Award - Celebrating the infrastructure project which demonstrates the most impressive implementation of innovation.
- IS Outstanding Achievement Award, Design- This award recognises the project which achieved the highest design rating between October 2017 - October 2018.
- IS Outstanding Achievement Award, As Built- This award recognises the project which achieved the highest as built rating between October 2017 - October 2018.
Don’t miss out on this black-tie gala event: