This project by the Rail Projects Victoria has achieved a 'Leading' Design v1.2 IS Rating.
The Metro Tunnel Early Works package includes:
- The relocation of power, drainage, gas, water, sewer and telecommunications services to clear the alignment prior to the Main Works commencing in 2018.
- The construction of two access shafts in Franklin Street and A’Beckett Street to enable future construction of the stations.
- Major site preparation works including land clearing, property demolition, temporary relocation of monuments and tree protection and removal across all precincts.
The completion of the Metro Tunnel Project by 2026 will create space for more trains to run more often across Melbourne’s rail network. This will create capacity for 39,000 more passengers during each peak period, reduce road congestion and pave the way for future expansion of Melbourne’s public transport network.
- Rating Type Rail
- Rating Score 82
- Registered Date September 2016
- Certified Date October 2018
- State VIC
- City Melbourne
- Capital Value $324 Million
- Other Key Stakeholders John Holland, KBR
To find out more about this project, visit the Metro Tunnel website.