This project by the Level Crossing Removal Authority has achieved an Excellent Design v1.2 IS Rating.
The Mernda Rail Extension Project is changing how residents in Melbourne’s fast-growing northern suburbs travel to work, school and entertainment.
The project has built eight kilometres of new rail line and three new stations that are expected to cater for up to 8000 commuters a day:
- Mernda Station on Bridge Inn Road in Mernda
- Hawkstowe Station on Hawkstowe Parade in South Morang
- Middle Gorge Station on Williamsons Road in South Morang
Around 2000 car spaces have been built across the three stations, as have secure bicycle storage facilities. These bike storage facilities are easily accessible thanks to a new walking and cycling path that will link the three new stations.
Another exciting feature is the construction of three new community spaces at Hawkstowe Station, The Parkway and Mernda Station. The Mernda Station community space includes a much-anticipated skate park.
This project is part of the Level Crossings Removal Program.
- Rating Type Rail
- Registered Date February 2017
- State VIC
- Suburb Mernda
- Assessor Andrew Kovacs
- Capital Value $400 Million
- Other Key Stakeholders KBR, John Holland, Metro Trains Melbourne
To find out more about this project, visit the Level Crossing Removal Authority website.