This project by Qube Holdings has registered for a Design v1.2 IS Rating.
Moorebank Logistics Park is a nationally significant infrastructure development that will transform the way containerised freight moves through Port Botany and deliver a faster, simpler and more cost-effective service for business and consumers.
The development will comprise:
- an import-export (IMEX) terminal with a capacity to handle up to 1.05 million TEU (twenty foot equivalent units) a year of international containerised freight;
- an interstate terminal with a capacity to handle up to 500,000 TEU of interstate and regional freight per year;
- up to 850,000 sqm of high specification warehousing where containers can be unpacked before delivery of their contents to its final destinations;
- auxiliary services including retail and service offerings;
- a rail connection to the Southern Sydney Freight Line (SSFL), which will provide direct access to the facility; and
- substantial biodiversity offset areas protected from development, including vegetation on the east bank of the Georges River.
- Rating Type Port
- Registered Date February 2018
- State NSW
- Suburb Casula
- Capital Value $666 Million
- Other Key Stakeholders Arcadis, Tactical Group
To find out more about this project, visit the Moorebank Intermodal Company website.