This project by John Holland has registered for a Design v1.2 IS Rating.
A new fleet of intercity trains will come into service from late 2019, carrying customers from Sydney to the Central Coast, Newcastle, the Blue Mountains and the South Coast.
Improved accessibility, enhanced safety, improved comfort and modern features including:
- Wider, more spacious two by two seating for extra room and comfort with arm rests, tray tables, and high seat backs
- Charging ports for mobile devices, and dedicated spaces for luggage, prams and bicycles
- Improved accessibility including wheelchair access and accessible toilets
- Improved customer information through digital information screens and announcements, CCTV and help points, and modern heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Rating Type Road
- Registered Date July 2018
- State NSW
- Location Sydney
- Capital Value $270 Million
- Other Key Stakeholders Transport for NSW, SMEC, Architectus, Arcadis, BG&E, Norman Disney Young, Renzo Tonin, Calibre
To find out more about this project, visit the Transport for NSW website.