This project by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) has registered for a Design v1.0 IS Rating.
The $885 million Northern Connector will be a six-lane, 15.5 kilometre motorway providing a vital freight and commuter link between the Northern Expressway, South Road Superway and Port River Expressway.
This project will focus on delivering economic benefits to the local South Australian community including creating 480 full-time equivalent jobs each year during construction.
- At least 50% of all jobs to be filled by northern suburbs residents.
- At least 90% of on-site labour hours to be undertaken by South Australians.
- At least 20% of all on-site labour hours to be undertaken by ex-automotive industry workers, Aboriginal people, people facing barriers to employment and trainees and apprentices.
The Australian Government has committed $708 million to the project, with $177 million from the South Australian Government.
The project is scheduled for completion in late 2019.
- Rating Type Road
- Registered Date October 2016
- Practical Completion December 2019
- State SA
- Suburb Adelaide
- Other Key Stakeholders Lendlease
To find out more about this project, visit the SA Government website.