Customers at Sydenham Station will have a new air-conditioned metro train every four minutes in the peak – that’s 15 trains an hour. Sydenham Station is currently serviced by 8 trains an hour in the morning peak.
The station will be fully upgraded with lifts and level access between the platforms and trains Sydenham Station platforms 1 and 2 will be upgraded to Sydney Metro standards, including the installation of platform screen doors.
Existing platforms 3, 4, 5 and 6 will continue to be used by trains operating on the Sydney Trains network.
The station includes:
- New pedestrian plazas on Burrows Road and Railway Parade
- Platforms 1 and 2 converted to Sydney Metro standards including platform screen doors and new canopies
- A new aerial concourse over the existing platforms with lifts and stairs to each platform
- New station buildings at the new Railway Parade concourse
- A new services and equipment building, located within the rail corridor, north-east of the new concourse on Railway Parade
- Fully accessible bus stops on Railway Parade and Burrows Avenue
- New pedestrian crossings on Georges Street, Burrows Avenue and Railway and Lower Railway Parades
- New signage and wayfinding
- New taxi and kiss-and-ride bays on Burrows Avenue
- Bike parking on Railway Parade and Burrows Avenue
- New crossover facilities for metro trains, north and south of the station.
- Rating Type Rail
- Registered Date September 2014
- State NSW
- Suburb Wollongong
- Assessor Peter Hawkins
- Capital Value $600 Million
- Other Key Stakeholders Arcadis, Cardno
To find out more about this project, visit the RMS website.