This project by CPB Contractors has achieved an 'Excellent' V1.2 As Built IS Rating.
The M4 Widening is Stage 1a of the WestConnex Project. WestConnex will upgrade and link the M4 at Parramatta with the central business district, airport and port precincts and the M5 at Beverly Hills. The M4 Widening will upgrade the M4 to four lanes in each direction between Church Street, Parramatta and Homebush Bay Drive, Homebush. Key features of the Project include:
- Widening of the motorway in the existing corridor between Junction Street, Silverwater and Homebush Bay Drive, Homebush.
- New access from Hill Road, Sydney Olympic Park to the M4 eastbound.
- A new access ramp for southbound Homebush Bay Drive motorists to access the M4 westbound, helping alleviate congestion and removing the need for a right hand turn at traffic lights.
- A new elevated road on the southern side of the M4 between Church Street, Parramatta and Wentworth Street, Granville
- A new bridge between Wentworth Street, Granville and Junction Street, Silverwater.
- Rating Type Road
- Registered Date October 2016
- Practical Completion August 2017
- Certified Date July 2018
- State NSW
- Suburb Sydney
- Capital Value $310 Million
- Assessor Peter Monsted
- Other Key Stakeholders WDA, Rizzani De Eccher, SMC
For more information on this project, visit the Westconnex website.